Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Party

I'm all too ready for Thanksgiving a few days away from work. The past week has been crazy busy and this week is just going to be worse. There is so much to do and not enough time for me to do it the way that I want it to be done.

Anyway, I wanted to share the fun that I had this weekend with everyone. First of all, Samford went undefeated this weekend in every sport that competed. Football beat the Citadel in the Homecoming game 28-10. Soccer swept on Friday and Sunday and volleyball pulled out two crazy wins on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday's match was probably the best volleyball I've ever watched. Two great teams scrapping for a win. It's was fantastic.

However, Friday night I got to have a little fun of my own. My roommate Kelly and I hosted a Pumpkin Carving Party at our house and it was great. We had a crowd there and there were some really creative carvings. Instead of telling you about it, I thought I'd just show you pictures. So here goes...

Jason and Sam getting down to business.
Raymond sports Sam's Hanna Montana wig.

Here I am, starting the process.

Tim is hacking out the intricate details of his design.

Say 'cheese', Dana!

Spiderman made an appearance as well.


This is mine and Kelly's pumpkin. It was supposed to be a rearend with handprints but there wasn't enough time to make it look good.

1st place - Tim's Wolves

2nd place - Josh and Raymond's Pink Flamingo

3rd place - Jason and Reagan's Ship

The girls - Kelly, Me, Dana, Reagan and Christa

Afterwards, we decided to get "Southern Living" with it and put the pumpkins outside on the ladder.

That's all I've got for you for now. There are a lot more things I want to share, especially some stuff that's been on my heart and things GOD is teaching me right now. I promise to share soon. Now, I must get to work.

2 comments:

  1. Those are the neatest pumpkins! Y'all did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute idea to put them all out on a ladder!

    ReplyDelete