Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Katie's Headlines of the Day (with a few comments)

The things of this world get more and more ridiculous as the days go by. Here is my take on some of the recent headlines of the day along with a few of my own as well as some comments.

1. An email surfaced in which one employee at Standard & Poor's (which in own by McGraw-Hill) said about the U.S.'s economic crisis, "Let's hope we are all wealthy and retired by the time this house of cards falters. ;0).)

Excuse me? Really? This goes to show that emails, although deleted, never really go away. They can be dug up in a nanosecond. One blogger (Zac Bissonnette at Blogging Stocks) suggested, "if you're being shady or doing something unethical, make a phone call, talk with the person in a dark alley, or send them a letter that they can promptly discard. Don't send an email!" I concur, however, those tactics have been used before and people have undoubtly been caught red-handed anyway. My suggestion? Keep you comments to yourself, Wallstreet pigs. These guys have no heart whatsoever.

2. Florida Democratic Congressman Alcee Hastings had this to say about Sarah Palin last week: "If Sarah Palin isn't enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention. Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don't care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

I don't think this guy has a connection between his mouth and his brain. If he did, his brain would have shut him up before he spoke. What the crap does stripping moose and toting a gun have to do with hating Jews and black people? This statement isn't even coherent or intellegent (which is proven by the way he says, "don't care too much") and is evidence of a person who talks for the sake of hearing himself talk. Read more of the story here. The best part of this article is that when asked about Hastings' remarks, Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella said, "We're taking a pass." I love it. I can just see how she says it, prefaced with a "Mmm" and said with a scrunched nose. Classic.

But the story doesn't stop here. The guy now wants to apologize. Too late, Bud. He says, "I regret the comments I made last Tuesday that were not smart and certainly not relevant to hunters or sportsmen." Um, you left out women, Jews and Blacks. At least he knows that he sounds like an idiot, but I really wonder if he realized this on his own or if someone had to point this out to him and draw a diagram for him to get the point.

3. Britney Spears may be the centerpiece of another sex scandal that clutters up the media which should report on more important things.

Spears' sleeze of a paparazzo ex-boyfriend (Note to self: Never date a paparazzo. It never turns out well and intentions may not always be good.) has not only admitted that he owns a two-hour sex tape featuring Brit Brit, but he plans to sell it as soon as an acceptable offer comes along. (Another note to self: Never get on the bad side of a paparazzo. They have unlimited resources for some reason.)

Can I offer a little advice to you celebrities or even you small people out there? How about just steering clear from having intimate relations with people who take pictures and videos for a living? That might be a good idea, eh? (I'm somehow turned Canadian in this last sentence. Maybe three days on a bus with our Canadian volleyball coach has had more of an effect on my than I anticipated.) I'm thinking that if you're Britney Spears, or someone with the same proneness to fame, you ban all recording devices and flash photography from the bedroom, or wherever you tend to have "relations" (said in my best Mama Klump voice).

4. Is it just me or did Lance Bass act more like a homosexual (PC term right?) when he was a member of Nsync than he is now on Dancing With The Stars? Don't get me wrong. I was an Nysnc fan. Not one of the obsessive, I'm-going-to-cry-and-pass-out-if-one-of-them-touches-me fans. But I was a fan. However, you can't ignore the obvious. Was Lance's "coming out" a PR stunt? Did he play the gay card just to get casted on DWTS? We'll never know. But have you seen him interact with Lacey, his partner. Lacey is a hot number. And Lance seems to like holding her close. Is he missing the ladies? I declare shannigans!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment