Saturday, September 13, 2008

Speaking of odds...

What are the odds that your laptop computer screen will be smashed by a volleyball flying at about 80 mph? I'm thinking 1,000,000 to 1 but last night I was the "1". Yep, that's right folks. My computer screen is done. This is two-fold. Fortunately it was my work laptop so I don't have to pay to get it fix, but unfortunately is it my work computer, that has everything on it. EVERYTHING that I need to do work this weekend.

I was pretty upset last night until I realized the Lord was taking care of me when I turned it on later last night to see if the cracks in the screen had gotten worse. Fortunately, it was the same and I can still use it. I'm able to see what I'm doing/typing and the shattered pieces are outside the the typical working area. Also I was pretty much done with all of my work that I had to do last night when I happened so I finished up and shut down immediately.

Note to University of Alabama athletic staff: Don't put media row on the endline at a volleyball game where during serve/receive there are not enough people on the other end to catch balls that could potentially break computer screens.

I'm so glad that after this match is over I'm off to Starkville to enjoy a little football...MISSISSIPPI STATE STYLE! Go DAWGS!

Oh, and go Samford! They are about to take on Ole Miss. I'm going for the upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment