Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Newsflash...Katie-Style

DISCLAIMER/WARNING: I am not, never have, nor will ever be prejudiced, a bigot or a homophobe. These are my opinions and are in no way meant to hurt or belittle anyone. We are all God's children and everyone has their imperfections. I'd list all of mine but there is no amount of memory sizable to contain them all. This is how I waste my time when I'm bored at work. If you don't like what you read, don't read it. This blog is not meant to entertain the masses, just those who know me, want to know about my life and think I'm a funny girl. All inappropriate comments will be deleted. So, if you don't have anything nice so say, stay away from the comment button.

Now onto my newsflash...

NEWSFLASH!!!!

This must be the month deemed for "coming out." First it was the shock of former comtemporary Christian artist Ray Boltz letting the world know who he truly was (read all about it here), now Season 2 American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken has come out of the closet. (I'll pause and let the shock sink in. Because I know this is utterly shocking news. Really? No? Ok. Read more here.)

Clay was my favorite on Season Two, next to Rueben, whom I just liked because he looked like a big Teddy Bear and his smile just lights up a room. Anyway, Aiken has a tremendous voice and I always thought that if there was a show called, "America's Next Top Broadway Star," the Clayster would be a sure-fire champion. I'm serious. I'm an avid Broadway fan and I know these things. I predicted Jennifer Hudson would be the next Effie White in Dream Girls. It may have been to myself, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, the guy had his lady-friend birth a baby for him and he didn't even bother proposing first. Come on. Really? If that didn't give it away, I don't know what will.

Congratulations Clay Aiken. Such a load has been lifted, I'm sure.

On to the next topic...

Today, Sept. 24, is National Punctuation Day. Yes, folks. Really. (And yes, there is a website about it. Is there anything these days that doesn't warrant it's own website?) And I, for one, am ecstatic that there is such a day. I'm a writer. I proofread everything. Not only my work but emails, blogs and wait for it...text messages. However, there have been countless times when I hit the send/publish button and cringe because I've forgotten to proof my work. I hate misspellings, improper uses of words and no punctuation. (One day, when I was in a foul mood, no less, I commented on a complete stranger's blog and let them know that they had not used correct grammar, misused puntuation, left out some words. Horrid, I know.) I may not use capital letters all the time, but puntuaction is my friend. The characters are just fun to use. So, on this day, in honor of the great folks who thought is was a good idea to put a dot to declare the end of a sentence, let's strive to use correct punctuation. Or just use punctuation period. (No pun intended.)

Happy Punctuation Day! Grab a comma by the tail!

No comments:

Post a Comment