I've seen this going around and since I love movies so much (only 5 more days until the annual TBS Christmas Eve Marathon of A Christmas Story!), I thought I'd do my own version of the game.
I've picked some of my favorite movies and grabbed quotes out of each of them. Guess the movie quote. If you want to play, leave your answers in the comments.
1. Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve what you want.
2. Well, there are some things you should know. First off, you see gum on the street, leave it there. It isn't free candy.
3. Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl.
4. A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.
5. You take a look at her. Cause once you step on that bus you aint got your mama no more. You got your brothers on the team and you got your daddy. You know who your daddy is, doncha? Gary, if you want to play on this football team, you answer me when I ask you who is your daddy? Who's your daddy, Gary? Who's your daddy?
6. Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one. It got on at 42nd, and off at 59th, where, I assume it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake - as almost all hats are.
7. I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.
8. Come on, Dover, move yer bloomin' arse!
9. Strap, God wants you on the floor.
10. I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.
11. Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.
12. At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.
13. Hey, your mom has a pretty good arm! I ain't seen the floater pitch since Scuffy McGee!
14. I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
15. What should i tell them? If they dont want to die remember to knock?
AND NO CHEATING!!!