Thursday, December 11, 2008

Things Of Note

As I was flipping through the channels on my television last night (as I often do because I LOATHE commercials, except ESPN Sportscenter ones and those funny Payton Manning ones), I stumbled across something puzzling.

It was Boyz II Men, my much beloved childhood boy band (only second to NKOTB, of course...Jordan for life!). Except something was wrong. There were only three. The big bass who usually did all the speaking, Michael McCary, was absent. I was not informed (as of course I should've been) that he had left the group in 2003 due to cronic back problems or Scoliosis.

AND it seems as though, Wanya, the little guy, is now channeling Stevie Wonder. The guy was seriously doing his best impression of the soulful wonder (no pun intended), head sway included.

The "Boyz" were on tour, I guess, with their latest LP, Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA, and it seems as though, PBS thought that showing their live DVD of the same name would be a good way to spark interest in the channel and encourage people to give money. That's okay, PBS, I'll just go to Walmart and buy it if I want it that bad.

(Sidenote: PBS is shown in Alabama on the APT channel -- Alabama Public Television. When I first moved here, I thought it was really the APT channel, like a TV guide of real estate, until every time I tuned it they were showing Celtic Woman.)

Nevertheless, the guys ended the set with quite possibly the most popular B2M song and most definitely my favorite -- End of the Road. It warmed my heart, and you know I sang along.

Subject number two is Mississippi State's new head coach Dan Mullen. When I heard his name, I think I declared out loud that it would be a bust because why would you ever want to leave Florida, but I think I knew a little in my heart that he was the one. (Now I need to transfer that feeling over to finding someone to marry me.)

So, I left our Office Christmas Get-Together just in time to catch the introduction and press conference. I loved the maroon blazer and maroon and white striped tie. Again, my heart was warmed.

He's seems like a great guy, and anyone who works closely with Tim Tebow is a friend of mine. Maybe he'll convince Timmy to not go to the NFL, transfer to Mississippi State instead, and we shall finally meet and he will fall head over heels in love with me and I will eventually be Mrs. Tebow, missionary football wife. Hmmm, I like it.

FYI, msstateathletics.com and Maroon 2 the Max will have the streaming of last night's introduction at the basketball game and today's press conference available (for free I think) later on today. Catch it if you can!

Even though Sly is gone, Maroon is still all that matters but I guess they'll have to come up with a quirky new saying for Coach Mullen. I hope he's clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment