Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Grown-Up In Me Says No, No, No...

...but the teeny bopper in my says yes, yes, yes! What is the deal with all of these Disney kids getting their own record deals and becoming so popular. Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Raven Simone, freakin' High School Musical Lalapalooza Extraveganza.

No matter how hard you try, you eventually get sucked in. Right? No? I'm the only one...okay. As I said before, the grown-up Katie says, "Puh-lease. Kids stuff. You're too old." But the teeny bopper in me says, "Yes! Yes! The Jonas Brothers rock!"

It pains me to admit it too. I'm 25. That's not really old, but that ain't young either. Is it just the music lover in me or is it really that I'm just a 25 year old teeny bopper.

I fought it for so long, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. She's so annoying right. She doens't sing. She yells. That's not professional, right? But her songs are soooo catchy and they play them all the time. I caught five minutes of Hannah Montana about a month ago. I laughed. Out loud. Oops.

"Don't you wish that you could be a fly on the wall!" Yes. Yes I do.

The Jonas Brothers. I'm not so much for all the drama that surrounds them with the break-ups and make-ups and what not. But have you heard this "Love Bug" song. I downloaded it on iTunes the other day because it was so catchy and I started to like it. As I clicked the "Buy Song" button, I was thinking, "Am I really buying a Jonas Brothers song? Really?" And they're so stylish! It kills me!

High School Musical. (Cringe) I actually like the movies. I haven't seen the third one but just wait, I will secretly rent it when it comes out on video and watch it in my room, thinking the whole time, "I'm way too old for this stuff, but I can't help it!"

And worst of all, I actually like Taylor Swift. She annoyed me, big time, at first. Her song was on the radio everytime I got into my car (followed by Miley Cyrus of course), and soon it grew on me. I think the most annoying part of it was that she was supposed to be a "country singer" and they we playing her "country music" on a pop station. For the record, I LOATHE country music. (Unless it's Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill or old-school Dixie Chicks.) So, that was strike one against Miss Swift. But then I saw her on GMA. She was precious. Down to earth and talented. You gotta love that, right? And the more songs she drums out, the less country they sound. Gold star for Taylor Swift.

So, there you have it folks. I'm a self-proclaimed, 25-year-old teeny bopper. I can't wait until the next time I babysit my cousins so I can have an excuse to watch Hannah Montana without feeling weird about it.

On a completely different topic, my mom sent me this video this morning and it almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment