Monday, December 22, 2008

Random Ramblings

Just because I'm on this movie quote kick, I'm giving this one to you for free. My dad and I are watching Spiderman 2 as I right and Mary Parker just said this and I felt it deep down in the core of my heart for the first time...

"I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. "

Totally unrelated to anything else I'm going to say, as will the rest of the stuff. Hence the title of this blog.

I told you about the friends' wedding I went to on Saturday. What I didn't tell you was that the groom was my elementary school boyfriend. Actually, he was my boyfriend in first grade and into second grade. Then we "broke up" and got back together in fifth grade into sixth grade until I came to my senses and realized what a boyfriend really was.

Back then, love and boyfriends seemed so simple. I mean, you went up to a boy on the playground and declared/told him that he was your boyfriend and that was that. And you didn't even have to talk to him ever again. He was still your boyfriend, just because you said so. You could even have more than one if you wanted with no questions asked.

Now there are all these rules and standard procedures to go by. It's so complicated. Can't I just find a cute boy I like and declare him my boyfriend? No? I would get laughed at? Ok.

Does anyone know why Mary always wears blue? Yeah, Mary. Like Jesus' mom. She's always wearing blue. All the pictures, all the videos, all the church Christmas plays, Mary is wearing blue, with a white headdress no less. Is that biblical? Does it say in Luke, "And Mary gave birth to her first born son while donning a beautiful 500 count cotton azure gown made by Rafiki from Nazareth"? No? Just checking. Although that would be cool, huh?

I think blue for Mary is pretty right one though. It brings out her eyes.

Dude, I so want to be a superhero right now. And Spiderman just tried to stop a train with is own legs and then grabbed his leg in pain. Spidey, it's gonna hurt. You're what...180 pounds. That train is about a billion tons and it's going probably 100 mph. Suck it up.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Who wants it? (Obama has no idea what he's gotten himself into.)

No comments:

Post a Comment