Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The 5,000 Question Survey (Part 1)

1. Who are you?

Hi, my name is Katie. Welcome to Walmart.

2. What are the three most important things everyone should know about you?
One: My faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing to me. No one can ever take it away from me. If you have questions, please ask. Two: My family is the second most important thing to me. They always, always come first. Third: I love sports. Amen.


3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one, what are you doing?
I should be working. I also watch recorded TV (because anything that is live is just not worth the commercials) and I love to sing, dance, and paint. But I'm usually watching a sport. See 2.


4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
Choir with my mom, AP English with Mr. Avalon, 10th grade World History with Coach Rob, Art with Mrs. Gibson, Algebra I with Mrs. T, 11th grade English with Mrs. Holcomb. The least favorites are not worth mentioning.


5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To find something I absolutely enjoy doing.


6. Where do you want to be in five years?
Still living within driving distance of my family. Hopefully married. And working for a charity.


7. What stage of life are you in right now?
The "I want to do more" stage.


8. Are you more child-like or childish?
I'd say child-like. I think that's why I love babysitting and babysitting loves me. I never get tired of playing hide-and-seek.


9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
"Um, nope. I think I'm good."


10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
That's hard but it's probably something by Hillsong.


11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Nope but there is no end to the attempts by my dad to get me to.


12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Better. The more I get to know my God, the better it all becomes.


13. Does time really heal all wounds?
I don't think time does. I think maturity, understanding and forgiveness do.


14. How do you handle a rainy day?
I'd love to just stay in bed every time it rains but I usually get up and go to work.


15. Which is worse: losing you luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Definitely losing your luggage. The only thing you lose with tangled lights is your mind, and maybe a finger. When you lose your luggage, you lose clothes. I mean, come on.


16. How is your relationship with your parents?
My parents are my most favorite people on the earth.


17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Yes, most of the time. I'm pretty observant and I don't think people realize that.


18. What is the truest thing that you know?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ


19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Lots of things: a teacher, a veterinarian, a playground architect, a doctor, an orthopedic surgeon, a physical therapist, a journalist, a sportscaster, a rock star.

20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
I'm given a second chance every day.


21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

I'd like to say giver.


22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
Most of the time.


23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Hmm, I busted my finger open playing skeeball one time. That was pretty painful. Other than that, I sprained my knee in cheerleading practice when I was a sophomore. That was pretty gruesome.


24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
There are several. Of course, everyone has one of "those" breakups. Then I'd say, losing a friend to death and almost losing my dad.


25. What have you hugged today?
Gosh, I haven't hugged one person.


26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
God woke me up. My coworkers invited me to lunch.


27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Yessir.


28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not be working, what would they be?
A. Sewing
B. Surfing
C. Flying


29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
You know that old saying; it's definitely how other people make you feel.


30. What are the key ingredients to haveing a good relationships?
Honesty, humor, a love for each other


31. What three things do you want to do before you die?
I have a list of many so I'll just pick three randoms: surf, go to Australia, parasail


32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
This is a weird questions and can't say that I can answer. I'll willing to try everything once before dying.


33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
I believe in helping the helpless, feeding the hungry, educating the uneducated and saving the lost.


34. What does each decade make you think of:
20's - The Great Gatsby
30's - The Great Depression
40's - World War II and The Holocaust
50's - Poodle skirts and Grease
60's - Hippies and Civil Rights
70's - Disco
80's - Old Cosby episodes
90's - Slap bracelets and NKOTB
2000's (so far) - confusion
2010's - uncertainty


35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
I guess the 90's because it's when I grew up


36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Inspiration by Chicago


37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of the country?
The United State of America and Barack Obama is the president.


If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country, what would it be?
I think it would take me a whole year to narrow that down.


38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
There are no channels I like to watch in the middle of the night because it's all infomercials. That's why I have a DVD player.


39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
That's insulting. I'm not like any of those villains.


40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
Nope.


41. If you were traveling to another continent, would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly. I love flying.


42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Because there is no sun at night. And that's the way God intended it.


43. What does you name mean?
Katherine means purity I think.


44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
The ocean.


45. Word association: What is the firs word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Plane
Meat: Ball
Different: Strokes
Pink: Panther
Deserve: Win
White: Black
Elvis: Presley
Magic: Wand
Heart: Breaker
Clash: Of the Titans
Pulp: Fiction


46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead, who would you want it to be?
I actually was talking about this with some athletes last week and we all said that it would be interesting to get into Hitler's mind. To ask him some questions.


47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
We all know this: Michael Phelps or Tim Tebow


48. Is there a movie that you love so much that you could watch it every day?
I have several of these but The Wizard of Oz is definitely one of them.


49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
A puzzle.


50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
I've saved a couple of flailing kids in a pool.


51. Make up a definition for the following silly words:
Fruitgoogle: A connoisseur of fruits and vegetables.
Ambytime: The technical term for counting the offbeat in music.
Asscactus: A severe medical condition.


52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
A grilled cheese.


53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Either legos or Marble Works.


54. How many TV's are in your house?
Just two.


55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Swim or watch baseball.


56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
Forgiven.


57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
Yes.


58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
No.


59. What is your idea of paradise?
Hawaii.


60. Do you believe in God and if so what is he/she/it like?
Indescrible, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God.
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim.
You are amazing God.


61. Do you believe in Hell?
Yes.


62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't?
I went to Honduras for a week. Most people I know haven't been to Honduras.


63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
I'm not one to gloat about kindness.


64. Are you a patient person?
For the most part. Maybe not as much on the road.


65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
Katie Day!


66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
I'm pretty sure all holidays have a good reason for existance.


67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
I don't know.


68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
There's this place called DisneyWorld. And it's kind of a big deal.


69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
Natural.


70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I'm pretty much up front.


71. What is under you bed right now?
Boxes and duffle bags.


72. If you were in the Land of Oz, would you want to live there or go home?
If my family was with me, then I'm pretty sure staying would be a must. But if not, Oz would be a good vacation spot.


73. If you drive, do you frequently speed.
Yes, I'd say I frequently speed.


74. What is the world's be song to dance to?
Come On Ride That Train. It takes me back to 8th grade. Every. Time.


75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
Wow. It's been way to long that I don't even remember.


76. Do yo prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
Disney


77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
The kangaroos.


78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
Hopeless.


79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
Yep.


80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
Sing and be with my family.


81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could choose which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
The right to bear arms. Then no one would have guns.


82. If you had to choose, would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
The Equator


83. Would you rather give up listeing to music or watching television?
Watching television.


84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Risking their life to save someone else's and/or making an impact on someone's life enough to rock their whole world.


85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
The Powerpuff Girls


86. Name on thing that turns your stomach.
Mayonnaise.


87. What was the last thing you paid for?
Bread.


88. Are you a coupon clipper?

I try to be.


89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
The December Southern Living. Woohoo!


90. Which would you rather take in gym class: dancing, sailing, karate or bowling?
Dancing.


91. In Star Trek people "beam" back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. The only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together, it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
No way.


92. What insects are you afrain of?
Spiders and scorpions.


93. If you could print any phrase on a t-shirt, what would it say?
Poo. It'll make people laugh.


94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
A leather skirt. But I wore it for a Biker Swap in college.


95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
I'd say any manner of chips and dip.


96. What are your parents interested in?
Seriously, what kind of question is this? My parents are interested in a lot of different things.


97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
Um, no.


Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
Um, no.


98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
Neither. Wishes don't always come true and plans usually fall through.


99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
When I'm completely immersed in God.


100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only three items with you. What do you bring?
Toilet paper, a flashlight and a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment