Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

DVR. Gummy Bears. Grapes. Cheese Pringles. These are things I'm thankful for.

Chips and rotel at Bulldog Deli/Pepper's. The hilarity of Amanda Bynes. So You Think You Can Dance. The music of Switchfoot, Hillsong, Dave Barnes, Green Day, Dave Matthews, Brandon Heath and so many more.

I'm thankful for...

...the family I have. A mom. A dad. Still together after 32 years. Loving each other unconditionally. And teaching me how to love everyday.

...A sister who always has my back. Who completely uses her God-given gift as her ministry. Who gave me the coolest nephew ever.

...A brother-in-law who has seemed more like a real brother than an in law. Who serves the Lord in the church and out and has no less made me a secondary LSU fan.

...Friends. Young and old. Friends whom I seek out for wisdom and friends who seek me for wisdom. Growing together in the love of the Lord. Spurring each other on and keeping each other in check.

I'm thankful for...

...the job I have. That it meshes my three of my passions together into one cool gig.

...A Heavenly Father whose mercies are new every morning. Who gives me a reason to live everyday along with the breath and sustenance to live that day. Who saved me from myself so I could serve him and glorify Him. Who has completely changed my heart to align with His desires for my life.

I'm thankful for...

...the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. The only thing that can get me up early on a holiday at my age. The Rocketts. The Broadway showcase. The balloons and floats and marching bands.

...Extended family who seem more precious every time I see them.

...Mississippi State football and the Egg Bowl. GO DAWGS!

...Mississippi State basketball and Jarvis Varnado.

...Football on holidays. Period.

I'm thankful for the ability to express myself through the written word. On this blog. For the whole world to see.

What are you thankful for?

I'm profoundly apologetic that my NaBloPoMo efforts have been less than desirable. November has turned out to be both an incredibly busy month and an incredibly uncreative one in my brain. I'm sorry to say that I don't think I'll make it to 30 posts this month. I have failed. Here's to hoping I don't try to do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment