Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Where The Air Is Sweet

When I was little, my favorite TV character -- hands down -- was Big Bird from Sesame Street. A close second was ALF but that's a whole 'nother story.

I even had a stuffed Big Bird doll that pretty much went everywhere with me. He slept with me every night and when I went to the hospital with the worst case of chicken pox the doctors had ever seen on a four-year-old, Big Bird was right there with me. I even think they gave him an IV just so I wouldn't be so scared.

Big Bird was my best friend. I cried when he turned blue in Follow That Bird because well, Big Bird is supposed to be yellow.

So, imagine my delight when I was flipping through the channels last night and Jimmy Kimmel announced that Big Bird would be his next guest. He was coming on to promote Sesame Street's 40th Anniversary, which just happens to be today. I couldn't help but stop and watch. It truly made my night. He killed. He was so funny. Take a look.





Then I changed the channel over to Jimmy Fallon and Elmo and Rosita were on with Lawrence Fishbourne. Now, this was funny. Elmo was slightly A.D.D. which I'm sure we all know is a fact and he wouldn't let Jimmy talk at all. He kept making fun of him. So funny. It made me miss my nephew. William loves Elmo.



This totally took me back about 20 years. Sesame Street was truly one of my favorite shows, as I'm sure it was for many kids. And still is. It's crazy to think how much we all learned from this show.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... I just spent the last 5 minutes watching those videos... I LOVED Sesame Street. Who am I kidding? I STILL love Sesame Street!

    Thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete