Monday, November 9, 2009

This Is Why I Blog...

And read blogs.

I love that there is a blog community out there that cares about living out James 1:27.

I love that there are people out there period that has committed themselves to living out this "religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless."

Jon Acuff, over at Stuff Christians Like, has committed himself and his family to doing just this. And he's asked the blog world to join him.

There's a need for a six-room kindergarten building in Hoang Then village in the Phong Tho district of Vietnam. It costs $30,000. And he wants to raise it by December 31, 2009. (And I just clicked over to the giving page and the total raised so far is $21.272.00. How about that? Click here if you want to give.)

Now, I don't have a lot of money but I do have enough to afford the internet connection that I'm using to write this blog post. (I would say my computer but I didn't exactly pay for it.)

I know it's the Christmas season now and stuff, or at least the retail world thinks so (because America never remembers that Thanksgiving and the Macy's Parade preceed Christmas), but my pastor has challenged us again this year to spend at least the same amount of money on living out James 1:27 as we would on Christmas gifts. I haven't done so well on this for the past couple of years, so I'm trying really hard this year.

Will you commit to that too?

No comments:

Post a Comment