Friday, December 25, 2009

12 Things In 11 Days - #12 The Reason


I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas full of family, friends, good food and good times. I know I did and I can even believe it is over.

I just hope everyone kept in the front of their minds what this holiday is all about - not Santa and gifts and chocolate-covered pretzels (although, those are some good little suckers). It's about God loving us so much to send himself, his own son, to this screwed up, darkened, yucky world to save us from the sin we were drowning in.

See, Christmas is about more than just a baby in a manger. It story continues. Christmas is about what that baby becomes and how he completely turns this world upside down.

At this time of year, I'm so thankful that I have a relationship with the One True God. I'm so thankful for the hope I have in Him and the peace that he gives me that surpasses any other way we could understand.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish all the blessings in the world to you in this next brand new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment