Sunday, December 6, 2009

Jesus Has New PR

It's no secret that Tim Tebow is one of my favorite people in the world. Let's overlook the fact that I have yet to meet him in this life. I met him in my dreams the other night, we went on a mission trip to Nicaragua and raced lawnmowers. He was a perfect gentleman. He let me win. But I digress.

I just wanted to point out the fact that Jesus has a new public relations coordinator and his name is Tim Tebow.

Actually, Jesus has a whole team of public relations coordinators and it's called the body of Christ.

The question every Saturday now has changed from, "What's the spread on this or that game," to "What verse will Tebow choose today?"

I would love to know how many people google or grab a bible and look up the verses he has on his eye-black every week. It's got to be an astounding number. I admit that I looked his verse from last night which was John 16:33.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

What an awesome verse to share with the world! I can't think of another verse, besides John 3:16, that any person in the world can find hope in other than this one.

Millions and millions of people saw that verse yesterday and I am willing to bet (except that I don't) that over half of those millions and millions looked that verse up upon seeing the reference.

Although Tim Tebow has been very verbal with his testimony and sharing his faith with the world, he does it every Saturday without speaking a word. He shows the Word. With a helmet on and ball in his hand, he does what God put us on this earth to do. Share Him with the world.

And that my friends is commendable. And good PR.

We can do that too. Although we may not appear on national television every week or have reporters seeking to tell the world our story, we do have a purpose on this earth. We all may be the only Jesus that people experience on a daily basis.

What are you doing everyday to show the Word? How do you use your platform (because everyone has one) to reach the nations (and your neighbors) for His glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment