Thursday, December 24, 2009

12 Things In 11 Days - #11 Christmas Eve With Family

I love love love Christmas Eve. My mom's side of the family gets together every year on Christmas Eve. We've been doing it ever since before I was born even.

We used to get together at my Dearmom and Boppie's house every year but now that they are both gone, we rotate going to each of the children's house. One year it's at one of my aunts' houses, one year my family hosts and one year it's my uncle's turn.

Although Dearmom and Boppie are gone, we still continue all of the traditions, including gathering around the piano and singing Christmas tunes while the youngest of the bunch entertain us with their whimsical dancing/jumping around/crowd diving. It's fun times.

I would post pictures and videos but well, it's 11 p.m. and I'm under the influence of some major drugs so that I can defeat this crazy cold that I woke up with this morning. I'm surprised that this post is coming out slightly coherent.

I'll be back tomorrow sometime to finish up 12 Days of Christmas and then maybe I'll do a Christmas holiday wrap-up sometime before Easter. I'm shooting for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment