Wednesday, December 9, 2009

THIS...Is Your SEC Bowl Game Headquarters

I am an SEC football fan.

More so, I am a fan of the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

Bowl season gets me so excited (not as excited as March Madness) because it calls for practically 24/7 college football. And there's only one thing that I love more than college football.

Mashed potatoes.

Anyhoo, I'm turning this blog into my own little SEC football headquarters. Need to know who is playing who and when and in what bowl and on what channel? Forget ESPN and all their mumbo jumbo. All they will be talking about his how great Alabama is and how "The Bear" shall live again. Or is it Ole Miss and how the South will never rise again because we are now the US of A and have been for a really, really long time now?

I know that everyone thinks that the SEC secured 10 out of 12 teams into bowls games. Not so true. Mississippi State and Vandy will be playing as well. Keep reading to find out where they will be going.

Now, in chronological order, here are your SEC bowl games (all times are central):

Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.)
Kentucky vs. Clemson, Dec. 27, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Advocare V100 Independence Bowl (Shrevport, La.)
Georgia vs. Texas A&M, Dec. 28, 4 p.m., ESPN2

Chick-Fil-A Bowl (Atlanta, Ga.)
Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee, Dec. 31, 6:30 p.m., ESPN

Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)
Northwestern vs. Auburn, Jan. 1, 10 a.m., ESPN

Capital One Bowl (Orlando, Fla.)
Penn State vs. LSU, Jan. 1, 12 p.m., ABC

AllState Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, La.)
Florida vs. Cincinnati, Jan. 1, 7:30 p.m., FOX (If anyone has a way to get me tickets to this game, ring-a-ding ding me. I am will to sacrifice employment to see Tim Tebow play live and in person.)

AT&T Cotton Bowl (Arlington, Tex.)
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., FOX (Go Cowboys!)

Autozone Libery Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.)
Arkansas vs. East Carolina, Jan. 2, 4:30 p.m., ESPN

PapaJohns.com Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.)
South Carolina vs. UConn, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., ESPN (If you're in town, come by and visit!)

Citi BCS National Championship Game (Pasadena, Calif.)
Texas vs. Alabama, Jan. 7, 7 p.m., ABC

And last but not least...

An unforgettable SEC matchup in the...

CHARMIN ULTRA TOILET BOWL
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt
Appearing in your nearest bathroom.

(Now don't get me wrong, I love m' Bulldogs and I know that next year we will be heading to a bowl game but for the time being, let's just poke fun at ourselves. It helps ward off all the tears.)

No comments:

Post a Comment