Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Know What You're Thinking...

and no, I'm not going to post 4 billion times a day. Only today. So get over it. It's just that I have a lot to share. Sometimes I wish that there was a way that I could blog and do mission work all day long and get paid for it. But I haven't found such job yet. So I'll just keep asking God to provide that for me.

I did want to share this excerpt from Tara Leigh Cobble's Here's To Hindsight that I read last night. Not the whole book. But almost.

It was like I was reading the words that have been floating around in my head, only in a more coherent and articulate sentence form.

"In retrospect, I'm not sure I would've chosen this life had I known what I was getting into. It is exciting and fulfilling, but it is also harder than I ever imagined in every facet. I love my job -- the nuts and blots of it -- but I hate the consequences of it. Relationships and friendships are pretty close to impossible. Every singe one of them is a long-distance relationship that requires great effort."

Thanks to TLC and Andy, I've realized I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment