Friday, January 9, 2009

Mindless Blogging

I've been up since 6 a.m. this morning, drove three and half hours to Jackson for wedding festivities and now I'm back home after a great rehearsal dinner at Sal and Mookie's, trying to get my feet back to their original form. I always forget that those shoes kill after standing for long periods of time.

Anyway, I'm mucho tired-o and have the will to blog but no more gusto left in me to think of something clever to write about. So, I've yet again stolen one of those survey thingies about 2008 from LT's blog to use as fodder for today's post.

Enjoy. And maybe post your own.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I went to a Dave Matthews concert. Oh, and saw the Red Sox play in Tampa.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions in '08, and have you made some for '09?
I don't do resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Laura did.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmonther, Dearmom

5. What countries did you visit?
No countries this year. I would have loved to go to South Africa but it just wasn't the right time.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Money is always a good answer for this but I would also say new friends, patience and understanding.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't remember the exact dates but there's one day in March when my world pretty much stopped. God found me prostrate on my bedroom floor and picked me up and showed me who he was. The other was in late May, the day my Dearmom died. Oh and June 29th. That's the day I saw the Red Sox play.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the transition from intern to full-time

9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed to learn how to play my guitar. Again. Seventh year is the charm, right?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Not really.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm. Nothing really comes to mind. I bought a lot of good movies.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Michael Phelps. For realz. Oh and while we're on that subject Tim Tebow too. Dude's got a rock-hard witness and I love hearing him talk about Jesus.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm sure Rosie O'Donnell did something to piss me off. If you really want to know how I feel about her, check out these posts.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. And food. A girl's gotta life.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Um, seeing the Red Sox play. Going to a Dave concert. Each time I got to go home and see family, especially William. Pay day.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That song that says, "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur". Thanks to Chris and Bethany.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier in some ways. Sadder in others.
(b) thinner or fatter? Give or take.
(c) richer or poorer? Richer. Mos def.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had been able to fellowship and cultivate friendships with people.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Work.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Jackson. For 10 days. With the fam. Good times.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
If Michael Phelps and Tim Tebow count, then yes.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
24, The Office, LOST, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Jon and Kate Plus 8, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol and The Hills

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a harsh word. But no, I don't dislike any new people.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Shack and Redeeming Love. By far. Go get them and read now. I now see God in so many ways that I hadn't seen him before.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Francesca Battistelli. Girl can rock. And she's only like 21.

26. What did you want and get?
A job.

27. What did you want and not get?
A husband. Ha.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the big 2-5 and I went to Sal and Mookie's with the fam.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More mashed potatoes.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I am definitely more trendy than I have ever been. I've also figured out that I am really good at shopping for other people.

32. What kept you sane?
Definitely my faith.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Again, Michael Phelps.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm guessing the Presidential Election.

35. Who did you miss?
My buddies.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Definitely my coworker, Holly. We have way too much in commom. Except for the whole going to Alabama for that. It's okay. I forgive her.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
No problem is ever too big for God to handle. Give him the control or he will snatch it from you and knock you on your booty.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Oh no, you never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm.
Oh no, you never let go,
In every high and every low.
Oh no, you never let go,
Lord, you never let go of me."
-Matt Redman

No comments:

Post a Comment