Saturday, November 15, 2008

Circle The Wagons

Well, I'm officially livin' it up pioneer-style for the next 36 hours (at least) when it comes to water her on Woodvale Lane. The water was shut off due to a miscommunication between several people and it can't be fixed until Monday (A note to the water company: I know you enjoy your weekend and everything but when I can't shower and use the bathroom at my own house, your weekend is no longer an option.).

So after I left work today, I went and bought four gallon jugs of water so that I could at least potty and wash my face in my own home instead of driving to the nearest gas station or the two miles to my office.

I was lucky enough to have a friend/coworker that lives right down the street from me who let me use her bathroom this morning to get ready for work. Unfortunately, she's now in Tuscaloosa and won't be back until tomorrow night. So, I'll live with going to shower at work tomorrow morning and hopefully the water will be back on before I get up on Monday.

But for the time being, I'll be using the basin method and the pour-and-flush method until then.

I do have to stop and say that it has definitely made me appreciate the little things like running water. Believe it or not, it's a luxury. Thank God that we live in a country where we have access to things like that. Many countries around the world do not. And several places in our own country don't even have that luxury.

I did want to share a couple of pictures I took today while at football. The day began way too yucky with cold weather and dark clouds. Soon the rains came. They didn't last incredibly long and this was the result after it stopped...



A beautiful rainbow. This was only half of it though. It was huge. I love rainbows. They are just so beautiful and such a display of God's glory. There were so many colors in it too. It just reminds me of the promise God made to us after the Great Flood.

Later on the sun came out and it was just a neat color of yellow. I took a couple of pictures of it but I'm not sure how the color comes through on them. I wanted to share them anyway.


It was very neat. I hope everyone has had a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment