Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random Musings and Interesting Facts

I just had to turn off SportsCenter because it got political. Instead of talking about SPORTS (which should be its job since that's part of its title, right?), they are talking about Obama becoming the new president. Come on people! I can flip over two channels and find that on CNN or MSNBC. When I'm watching SportsCenter, I want to hear about SPORTS!

Don't get me wrong, I see the massiveness of the election of Barack Obama. And although, I don't agree with many things that he stands for, I'm going to be a true American and give him the respect he deserves. He's the President for crying out loud. He's worked hard to get to this point and he deserves our respect. I don't know what the future holds for his administration and term but GOD does, and I trust GOD.

Before I completely get off the political subject, though, I'd like to share a tidbit of info with you all, just in case you didn't know. Obama raised $2.1 billion for his campaign. McCain raised maybe about half of that. $2.1 billion!! That is more than Bush and Kerry raised together in 2004. Do you know how many millions of people around the world could be fed and how many curable diseases could be treated with that much money. Millions of people in poor countries could be eat off of that amount of money for at least five years. Maybe more.


Is there not some way we can figure out how to campaign for president without having to waste all of this money that we could be helping so many people with?


On a completely different subject, there's this guy in Wisconsin who built a Lamborghini in his basement from a kit. It took 17 years to built it. However, he never once gave thought to how he was going to get it out once it was finished. I mean most basement are underground and don't have doors big enough to fit cars through. The guy had to call someone to dig a ramp and hire an excavator to gouge out a slope in his garden to dig down to the foundations of the house to get the car out. Not once, in th article does he comment on his stupidity. He's too excited about having this 20-year-old car to drive around now.


Congratulations Mr. If-I-Can't-Afford-The-Car-I'll-Build-It-Myself," you win the stupidity award for the month of November.



No comments:

Post a Comment