Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Croom Era Has Ended (Insert tears here)

Well, folks another Mississippi State era has ended today. I don't know if you can technically call five years and a 21-38 record an era but it was an era nonetheless.

State made great strides and, I still believe, ultimately the right decision to hire Croom, no matter what color his skin was. They made history and it was a neat thing to see. He restored the integrity of the program as far as making boys into men goes, and whether the 2007 season was a fluke or not, I enjoyed it and it got me to my first bowl game ever.

I respect what this man stands for and I as a true fan am forever grateful to him for the integrity and character that he showed and that he taught to these guys. I can only hope that the great kids that he recruited for next year (one of the top 20 recruiting classes in the nation) will stay with us and be excited about what is to come at Mississippi State.

Hail, dear Ol' State!

1 comment: