Sunday, November 9, 2008

TITF #4

So, the past couple of days I've become very thankful for my job. I mean this year, I've gotten to travel around the Southeast with my volleyball team, and mostly recently, the eastern seaboard, like South Carolina and North Carolina.

This weekend, I'm in North Carolina. The Appalachian Mountains to be more precise. Yesterday we were in Cullowhee, N.C., playing Western Carolina and today we are at Appalachian State. Both of which are on top of mountains. It's pretty awesome.

This is probably the best time to come up here. The leaves are a millions different colors. It's a different temperature every 10 miles. The farther up you go, the colder it gets, and it's awesome. The App State coach just told us it snowed here two weeks ago. It's getting really cold and cloudy and it might possibly snow again. I just hope it's not while we are winding ourselves in a big bus down the side of a mountain on a two-lane road. That would be a smidge creepy.

Anyway, I just think it's so fun that I've gotten to really enjoy God's creation and really be thankful for His artistry, something only He can pull off. I've also gotten to build some new relationship and strengthen some others. It's been cool.

So basically today, I'm thankful for my job and the opportunities that come with it, the friends that I've made and the opportunities that come with that. I'll leave you with some cool pictures.

Oh, and I'm also thankful for Panera. And Brite Crawlers (you know, those sour gummy worms). Yum!


1 comment: